WHY JOIN THE MALAYSIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION?
The Malaysian Medical Association is the largest association that represents all doctors in our country. It was formed in 1959 and currently, we have 13,000 members. The aim of joining is to stay united under one roof and be represented. It is your only voice.....a doctor's voice!!
Being a doctor, you are privileged to qualify as a member of this esteemed organization.
Our Objectives are :
(a) To promote and maintain the honour and interest of the profession of medicine in all its branches and in every one of its segments and help to sustain the professional standards of medical ethics.
(b) To serve as the vehicle of the integrated voice of the whole profession and all or each of its segments both in relation to its own special problems and in relation to educating and directing public opinion on the problems of public health as affecting the community at large.
(c) To participate in the conduct of medical education, as may be appropriate.
(d) To promote social, cultural and charitable activities in building a united Malaysian nation.
Enjoy the benefits and know what's happening to your profession.
The list of BENEFITS is endless.................................
SCHOMOS (SECTION CONCERNING HOUSE OFFICERS, MEDICAL OFFICERS AND SPECIALISTS)
The Government doctors section of the MMA. Problems can be channeled through your representatives at the State and National levels. The ExCo meets officials from the Ministry of Health, Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA), etc. on a regular basis. MMA is your voice!! YOUR CALL ALLOWANCES NOW IS BECAUSE OF THIS!!!
PPSMMA (PRIVATE PRACTITIONERS SECTION OF MMA)
The private doctors section of the MMA. Looks after the welfare of doctors in the private sector. Advise on getting started in private practice and a voice for the important policy issues affecting private sector doctors.
DIRECT ACCESS CREDIT CARDS
Visa and Master cards (basic and gold) are available with no joining or annual fee - a saving up to RM200.00 annually. Supplementary cards are also available on similar terms.
MMA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
You get unrecorded leave to attend. Meet old and new friends from other States. Lots of fun and laughter, activities, banquets and discussions on important issues affecting our community and profession. Spouses and kids are included.
Kindly contact Ms Linda for more details at 03-4042 7319
WORKSHOPS ON CONTEMPORARY ISSUES
You will be invited to attend workshops on current contemporary issues such as Health Financing, Restructuring of Public Health Sector, Liberalization of Professional Health Services with respect to Globalization, etc.
A special motor insurance deal with AON (formerly Alexander & Alexander) has been undertaken. Amazing features - NO EXCESS and NO LOADING. For Klang Valley residents, there is also IMMEDIATE AUTHORISATION OF VEHICLE REPAIRS. You even get a car for RM45.00 per day, while your car is in the workshop, if available.
MMA assists in arranging medico-legal and coverage, namely Medical Protection Society and Malaysian Medical Indemnity Insurance.
Community service projects, games, fellowships, etc.
SHORT TERM ACCOMMODATION FACILITIES
Available at the MMA House for a subsidized fee of only RM 100.00 per night for MMA members. This is subject to conditions.
- MMA COMMITTEES
Under the MMA banner, we have several Committees and Societies. You can join them if you have the relevant expertise, qualifications or interests.
- SCHOMOS National Working Committee
- PPSMMA National Working Committee
- Ethics Committee
- MJM Editorial Board
- Berita MMA Editorial Board
- Fees Schedule Committee
- Substance Abuse Committee
- Action On Smoking And Health Committee
- Plantation Health Committee
- Aids / Sti's Committee
- Computer Technical Committee
- Committee for the Health of the Older Person
- CPR Committee
- National Health Policy Committee
- Adolescent Health Committee
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Committee on Health and Human Rights
- Committee on Evidence Based Complementary Medicine
- Committee on Medical Education
- Constitution & Resolutions Review Committee
- MMA Election Committee
- MMA Annual Lecture Selection Committee
- Society of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (SOEM), MMA
- Society of Sports Medicine, MMA
- Society of MMA Medical Students
- Public Health Society
- Malaysian Professional Center (BIM)
- Malaysian Road Safety Council
- Malaysian Rehabilitation Council
- Council of the Confederation of Scientific and Technological Association of Malaysia (COSTAM)
- Radiological Advisory Committee, MOH
- Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH)
- Majlis Kanser National (MAKNA)
- Majlis Penilaian Teknologi Kesihatan, MOH
- Malaysian Aids Council (MAC)
- St John Ambulans Malaysia
- Lembaga Bidan, MOH
- Lembaga Racun
- National Council for Occupational Safety & Health (NCOSH)
- Malaysian Red Crescent Society
- Estate Hospital Assistans Registration Board, EHA
- Drug Control Authority
- Lembaga Pembantu Perubatan (Pendaftaran), MOH
- Jawatankuasa Tetap Perubatan Tradisional/Komplementari, MOH
- Lembaga Iklan Ubat
- Jawatankuasa Induk Jerebu Kebangsaan, KST & AS
- Malaysian Palm Oil Association Working Committee on Health Matters (MPOA)
- Phama Ethics Appeals Committee / First Level Case Review
- National Professional Services Export Council (NAPSEC) - MATRADE
- Jawatankuasa Majlis Keselamatan Pesakit Malaysia, MOH
- Jawatankuasa Kebangssan Jagaan Yg Diurus, MOH
- Malaysian National Medical Testing Accreditation Committee (MyNMTAC)
- Malaysian Council for Obesity Prevention
- Jawatankuasa Kecil Keselamatan Perlindungan Sinaran, Lembaga Perlesenan Tenaga Atom
- National Transplantation Council, MOH
- Jawatankuasa Kecil 'Pharmacovigilance on Safety of Vaccines, MOH
- Jawatankuasa Pemandu Dasar Ubat National (JKPDUNAS)
- Jawatankuasa Teknical Komponen (Quality Use of Drugs)
- Panel Perunding Sektor Penjagaan kesihatan, Perbadanan Produktiviti Malaysia (MPC) - MITI
WHEN TO JOIN?
Membership is effective from 1 January and ends on 31 December annually. Therefore, it is advisable to join early in the year.
WHO TO CONTACT?
For assistance, please contact your nearest MMA / SCHOMOS / PPS representatives or MMA Headquarters at :
MALAYSIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
MMA House, 124, Jalan Pahang
53000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel No: 03-4041 1375 (hunting line)
Fax No: 03-4041 8187 or 4041 9929
Email : email@example.com (General Enquiries)
HOW TO JOIN?
Just complete the membership form and submit it with a copy of your Malaysian Medical Council Registration Certificate.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (Membership matters)
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (Insurance matters)